Let’s face it: The cold weather has made us all a little cranky here lately. Don’t worry, we have a comprehensive list of amazing events right here to cheer you up. Whether you’re looking for art, sports, exercise, history, theatre, or even themed activities for date night, we’ve got you covered.
- ART: St. Louis Art Museum’s Textiles: Politics and Patriotism. Here you will find 11 textile designs that “reflect the sentiments of their time” or support “the values of the nations in which they were used”.
- SPORTS: Feb 4 @ 7PM St. Louis University Billikins Basketball Game. Paint your chest, wave your towel, and come support your local college team!
- EXERCISE: Feb 5 @ 9AM St. Louis Running Tour 4.5 Mile Route. Keep your New Year’s resolutions going with this 4.5 mile scheduled run every first Sunday of the month. You will learn about the history of Forest Park as well as experience accountability for your runs and meet new friends!
- HISTORY: Route 66: Main Street through St. Louis Exhibit. Come view artifacts from the “Mother Road” in this collection of roadside signs and gas pumps as well as learning stories about the custard stands and tourist traps that once were.
- THEATRE: Feb 7 @ 7:30PM Something Rotten. New York Post called this play, “Broadway’s big, fat hit!”. Something Rotten is a comedy set in 1595 that tells the story of two playwrights desperate to create a hit play and end up creating the world’s first musical. This play is a MUST SEE!
- DATE NIGHT: Feb 3 @ 6PM First Fridays at the Saint Louis Science Center: I am Sherlocked. All you Sherlock fans better gear up and get ready for the mystery night of your dreams! This night is part of a series of themed activities each first Friday of the month at the SLSC. Patrons can watch Sherlock movies in the Omnimax theatre, learn the ins and outs of Sherlock’s sleuthing from real St. Louis science professors, and hold their breath during an escape artist’s desperate attempt to avoid burning alive!
If these fantastic activities don’t interest you, there are plenty more! You can find a comprehensive list here.
AND don’t forget to pay your February rent due on the 1st, payable up until the 5th with no late fees! Have a wonderful week!